Saturday, June 16, 2018

Back Into the States


Day three of our trip home brought us into the US as we crossed the state of North Dakota and ended the day near Fargo.

We crossed the border at North Portal and a nice young man asked us the usual questions and then came on board to take a look around. We were then given our release ticket which had to be scanned to get out of Customs and we were officially back in the United States.

One of the things we noticed along the way is that people advertise their business by putting a model of what they are selling on their sign. We saw this immediately when we entered North Dakota and then again later in a small town.






In the early part of the journey through North Dakota we again saw signs of the oil and gas industry, although not to the same extent that we had seen in Southern Saskatchewan. The scenery quickly changed to typical Prairie lands and we saw the larges grain bin ever! There was also an old style grain elevator - the first like that we had seen in the US and many more modern ones. It was odd to see the trains lined up at the elevators bearing the CP Rail and Canadian wheat emblems,



Leaving the Prairies behind, w entered a valley surrounded by hills the glaciers had created many years ago. Some of the hills had numbers on them, although I have no idea why. My searches on the internet have not yielded me any information so maybe it is proof of aliens again?






I want to give a shout out to the staff of the Days Inn in Casselton North Dakota where we stayed tonight. They really went above and beyond to make sure we had a great experience while staying at their RV park next door.
Let me explain, Since the car accident showering is no longer a solo activity - but not in a fun way. I can not stand on my right foot at all and crutches are useless in a shower. We bought a shower seat and used it while in Grand Prairie, but Rick going into the women's showers in a camp ground would not only raise eyebrows but might even be illegal. That meant Sponge bathes for me for the next week. YUK!
When Rick was registering us at the desk in the Days Inn, he and the young lady behind the desk got talking about the accident (probably started by explaining our empty car carrier) and my situation. No problem, she said. They have family showers near their pool where we could both go in and he could help me. There are plastic chairs in there that I can sit on to make it easier. The next morning the allowed us to pull the RV up close to the building and even provided us with a wheel chair so that I could get from the RV to the shower pain free. I can not remember the last time I enjoyed a shower so much!
So if you are in the area please given them some business. I know we will stay there any time we travel in that area.



No comments:

Post a Comment