Wednesday, May 2, 2018

In the beginning there was change....

My name is Lori and my husband is Rick. We live in a small town in Eastern Ontario Canada with our 4 cats - Squirt, Baby, Boots and Junior. My husband retired from the Canadian Coast Guard near the end of 2012 after 32 years of service. I was a Training Supervisor at a call center. I had been a trainer with that company for almost 15 years. My husband and I had decided I would retire at the end of December 2018.  
We - mostly Rick - are building a boat that will carry us through warmer waters in the winter and help us explore many of the wonderful waterways here in Canada during the summer. (You can read about that adventure in his blog at https://she-kon.blogspot.ca.)  We have always talked about getting an RV after we were done our time on the boat but that was 10 years down the road and barely on the radar. 
There were 2 significant events that changed our long term plans.
In October of 2016 we welcomed our grandson, Connor, into the family. That grandson is almost 4000 kms away in Alberta. With his birth, the idea of getting an RV was once again a topic for serious consideration. We were starting to put a plan together to purchase one when I retired. 
The plan changed again when my job was eliminated at the end of my shift on June 26, 2017. That night we made a plan and the very next day we went looking for an RV. It took us just over 2 weeks to find the one we wanted. On July 10th we successfully made an offer on a 30 foot Triple E Class C RV.  We named her Meander (Me and her). This story will be our adventures.





No comments:

Post a Comment